The Choral Department welcomes a variety of guests throughout the year, offering students the opportunity to receive coaching from prominent conductors, to explore models for professional success in the choral world, and to interact with leaders beyond the University’s walls.
- Samuel Pascoe, DMA, Professor of Music, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) — September 18, 2019
Check back as more master classes are planned…
Guests of the UAChoirs since fall 2018:
- Maria Guinand, Conductor, Schola Cantorum de Venezuela, Cantoría Alberto Grau, and the Orfeón Universitario Simón Bolívar — February 2019
- Eric Banks, DMA, Composer & Conductor of the Esoterics — October 18, 2018
- Paul Crabtree, Composer — October 21, 2018
- Craig Hella Johnson, DMA, Founding Artistic Director, Conspirare; Composer — April 16, 2019
- Ann Howard Jones, DMA, Professor of Music, emerita, Boston University — September 28, 2018
- Morten Lauriden, Professor of Music, University of Southern California; Composer (in partnership with True Concord) — March 28, 2019
- Marcela Molina, DMA, Artistic & Executive Director, Tucson Girls Chorus — September 5, 2018
- Forrest Pierce, DMA, Composer & Professor at the University of Kansas — October 19, 2018
- Jake Runestad, Composer (in partnership with True Concord) — October 31, 2018
- Dale Warland, Conductor & Composer, The Dale Warland Singers (in partnership with True Concord) — October 19, 2018
Dr. Ann Howard Jones (front row, second from the left), Professor of Music emerita from Boston University, visited the University of Arizona in fall 2018.