The Choral Department welcomes a variety of guests throughout the year, offering students the opportunity to receive coaching from prominent conductors, to explore models for professional success in the choral world, and to interact with leaders beyond the University’s walls.
- Maria Guinand, Conductor, Schola Cantorum de Venezuela, Cantoría Alberto Grau, and the Orfeón Universitario Simón Bolívar — February 2019
- Eric Banks, DMA, Composer & Conductor of the Esoterics — October 18, 2018
- Paul Crabtree, Composer — October 21, 2018
- Ann Howard Jones, DMA, Professor of Music, emerita, Boston University — September 28, 2018
- Morten Lauridsen, Composers & Professor of Music, University of Southern California (in conjunction with True Concord)
- Marcela Molina, DMA, Artistic & Executive Director, Tucson Girls Chorus — September 5, 2018
- Forrest Pierce, DMA, Composer & Professor at the University of Kansas — October 19, 2018
- Jake Runestad, Composer (in conjunction with True Concord) — October 2018
- Dale Warland, Conductor & Composer, The Dale Warland Singers (in conjunction with True Concord) — October 19, 2018
Check back as more master classes are planned…
Dr. Ann Howard Jones (front row, second from the left), Professor of Music emerita from Boston University, visited the University of Arizona in fall 2018.